Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Disappointed runners


Received the news today that my application for the NY marathon was denied. Unfortunately I was not selected in the random international lottery drawing for 2009.
The NY marathon being one of the most popular marathons, I foresee many disappointed runners on the road and in the parks today. Now, is this not an opportunity for some sporting brands to I create some kind of brand experience to catch us  consumers when we are feeling so low? At the very least, shall all the non-selected runners meet at one pub tonight and share some drinks? Dressed in your running gear obviously :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry honey, you're working for the wrong brand (in this case)... I'm in after several dissappointing entries! After 3 you can get a definite..keep trying & keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh too bad! organize your own marathon with others that have not made the drawing, on the same date as the NY marathon. If you can't get in the NY running spirit, the NY running spirit can still come to you!

    ReplyDelete